Memphis, Tennessee. The early 1950s. The Mississippi rolls by, and there's a train in the night. Down on Beale Street there's hard-edged blues, on the outskirts of town they're pickin' hillbilly boogie.At Sam Phillips' Sun Records studio on Union Avenue, there's something different going on. "Shake it, baby, shake it!" "Go, cat, go!" "We're gonna rock..."This is where rock 'n' roll was born-the re...
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; 1st pbk. ed edition (July 15, 1992)
Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.8 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 241984
Format: PDF ePub djvu ebook
reviews: The book is mostly well written. The author does a good job of providing insight in to the person of Sam Phillips; his passion for relatively unappreciated grass roots talent, as well as his drive to discover the illusive “new sound” that would be th...
- Good Rockin' Tonight: Sun Records and the Birth of Rock 'N' Roll pdf
- Download Good Rockin' Tonight: Sun Records and the Birth of Rock 'N' Roll epub
- Good Rockin' Tonight: Sun Records and the Birth of Rock 'N' Roll text
- 978-0312081997 epub
- Download Colin Escott epub
- Download Colin Escott ebooks
- Download Arts and Photography epub ebooks
Guantanamo, USA. What a remarkable book! Stephen Schwab has presented a detailed, highly researche...
The story is nice, but the real magic is in the illustrations. As a parent, I adore reading this bo...
Read in two days flat, Allen's book has evoked some wonderful memories of my hometown, St:Albans, in...