Established as America's first foreign naval base following the Spanish-American War, Guantánamo is now more often thought of as our Devil's Island, the gulag of our times. This book takes readers beyond the orange-jumpsuited detainees of today's headlines to provide the first comprehensive history of Guantánamo from its origins to the present.Occupying 45 square miles of land and sea, Guantánamo ...
Hardcover: 382 pages
Publisher: University Press of Kansas; First Edition edition (November 16, 2009)
Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1.5 x 9.5 inches
Amazon Rank: 1673407
Format: PDF Text TXT ebook
reviews: Guantanamo, USA. What a remarkable book! Stephen Schwab has presented a detailed, highly researched, and beautifully written text on the history of Guantanamo Naval Base. From the U.S. involvement in the Spanish-American War to liberate Cuba from ...
- Guantánamo, USA: The Untold History of America's Cuban Outpost epub
- Download Guantánamo, USA: The Untold History of America's Cuban Outpost epub
- Guantánamo, USA: The Untold History of America's Cuban Outpost text
- 978-0700616701 pdf
- Download Stephen Irving Max Schwab epub
- Download Stephen Irving Max Schwab books
- Download History pdf books
This was a refreshing change. Most books on the War of 1812 focus on the war at sea or the British ...
It’s not often that I have the pleasure of reading a book that blends academic rigor, practical appl...
Fletcher's story shows you that God knows just when to give us the strength and courage to make a le...