In the 1930s, the Federal Writers’ Project undertook a massive effort at gathering the oral testimony of former slaves. Those ex-slaves were in their declining years by the time of the Great Depression, but Elizabeth Sparks, Elige Davison, and others like them nonetheless provided a priceless record of life under the yoke: where slaves lived, how they were treated, what they ate, how they worked, ...
File Size: 227 KB
Print Length: 103 pages
Publisher: Blair (February 25, 2013)
Publication Date: February 25, 2013
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Word Wise: Enabled
Lending: Not Enabled
Format: PDF ePub djvu ebook
reviews: Stories from actual enslaved persons. These are circa 1937-40 or so. They were taped in locations from Texas Louisiana, Kentucky, Virginia, etc. ---- all over the South. The people were in their 90's and above, and these are their actual memories....
- We Lived in a Little Cabin in the Yard: Personal Accounts of Slavery in Virginia pdf
- Download We Lived in a Little Cabin in the Yard: Personal Accounts of Slavery in Virginia pdf
- We Lived in a Little Cabin in the Yard: Personal Accounts of Slavery in Virginia txt
- Amazon Digital Services LLC pdf
- Download Belinda Hurmence pdf
- Download Belinda Hurmence books
- Download History pdf ebooks
Overcoming Anxiety gives a lot of helpful information and instruction on how to use several techniqu...
Lively and very important for understanding Ming state and society....