In the 1930s, the Federal Writers’ Project undertook a massive effort at gathering the oral testimony of former slaves. Those ex-slaves were in their declining years by the time of the Great Depression, but Elizabeth Sparks, Elige Davison, and others like them nonetheless provided a priceless record of life under the yoke: where slaves lived, how they were treated, what they ate, how they worked, ...
File Size: 227 KB
Print Length: 103 pages
Publisher: Blair (February 25, 2013)
Publication Date: February 25, 2013
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Word Wise: Enabled
Lending: Not Enabled
Format: PDF ePub djvu ebook
reviews: Stories from actual enslaved persons. These are circa 1937-40 or so. They were taped in locations from Texas Louisiana, Kentucky, Virginia, etc. ---- all over the South. The people were in their 90's and above, and these are their actual memories....
- We Lived in a Little Cabin in the Yard: Personal Accounts of Slavery in Virginia pdf
- Download We Lived in a Little Cabin in the Yard: Personal Accounts of Slavery in Virginia pdf
- We Lived in a Little Cabin in the Yard: Personal Accounts of Slavery in Virginia txt
- Amazon Digital Services LLC pdf
- Download Belinda Hurmence pdf
- Download Belinda Hurmence books
- Download History pdf ebooks
Here On my own two feet from losing my legs to learning the dance of life pdf link Download A spell a day for health wealth love and more pdf at alljoibogaro.wordpress.com Read By phd donna o johnson guaranteed 40 book college edition 3rd third edition paperback ebook ad2dotio.wordpress.com Mastering the ucc Its true its true
Again another stellar book bringing one who wants the nearness of God and the Universe ! Jai Ma...
First of all, I have to commend Chuck Malkus, for his brilliant way of developing this narrative, to...